Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Joint City Council and EPAC Study Session (Discussion regarding the role of the Emergency Preparedness Advisory Commission)
Meeting Time: January 14, 2019 at 6:00pm PST
Closed for Comment January 14, 2019 at 4:00pm PST
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on. Or, Register to Speak at the Public Meeting.
6:00 P.M. - STUDY SESSION
All council meetings are open to the public. PLEASE ATTEND. The Council receives a packet with detailed information and recommendations on nearly every agenda item. City Council agenda packets are available for your review on the City's website located at www.hermosabch.org. Complete agenda packets are also available for public inspection in the Office of the City Clerk. During the meeting, a packet is also available in the Council Chambers foyer or you can access the packet at our website, www.hermosabch.org, on your laptop, tablet or smartphone through the wireless signal available in the City Council chambers - Network ID: CHB-Guest, Password: chbguest Written materials pertaining to matters listed on the agenda of a regular City Council meeting must be submitted by noon of the Tuesday, one week before the meeting in order to be included in the agenda packet (tentative future agendas can be found as Item 8 in every regular agenda packet). However, written materials received after that deadline will nonetheless be posted under the relevant agenda item on the City's website at the same time as they are distributed to the City Council by email and provided to the City Council and the public at the meeting.
Submit your comments via eComment in three easy steps:
Note: Your comments will become part of the official meeting record. You must provide your full name, but please do not provide any other personal information (i.e. phone numbers, addresses, etc) that you do not want to be published. 1. Go to the Agendas/Minutes/Video webpage and find the meeting you'd like to submit comments on. Click on the eComment button for your selected meeting. 2. Find the agenda item for which you would like to provide a comment. You can select a specific agenda item/project or provide general comments under the Oral/Written Communications item. 3. Sign in to your SpeakUp Hermosa Account or as a guest, enter your comment in the field provided, provide your name, and if applicable, attach files before submitting your comment. eComments can be submitted as soon as the meeting materials are published, but will only be accepted until 12:00 pm on the date of the meeting to ensure Council and staff have the ability to review comments prior to the meeting.
Persons who wish to address an issue of general nature (not pertaining to matters listed on the agenda) to the City Council for the official record may submit written material to the Council in lieu of or in addition to speaking under the Public Participation section of the meeting. Such written correspondence must be delivered to the City Manager's office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon of the Tuesday, one week before the regular Council meeting in order to be included in the agenda packet. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) will be available for check out at the meeting. If you require special assistance to participate in this meeting, you must call or submit your request in writing to the Office of the City Clerk at (310) 318-0203 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CITY COUNCIL AND EPAC ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
1. REPORT 19-0010 DISCUSSION REGARDING THE ROLE OF THE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS ADVISORY COMMISSION (EPAC) (City Manager Suja Lowenthal)
1. March 13, 2018 City Council Discussion - Item 7a
2. Hermosa Beach Ordinance 07-1277 Establishing EPAC
3. Municipal Code Chapter 2.38 Emergency Preparedness Advisory Commission
4. Hermosa Beach Ordinance 07-1283 EPAC/Increase Members
5. EPAC July 19, 2010 Discussion regarding meeting schedule
6. EPAC November 5, 2007 Goals and Objectives approval
7. EPAC Janaury 8, 2018 Goals and Objectives
8. Emergency Management Coordinator Job Description
9. Hermosa Beach Municipal Code Chapter 2.56 Emergency Services
10. City of Rancho Palos Verdes, Emergency Preparedness Committee Resolution 2008-61
11. City of Downey, Emergency Preparedness Committee disband memo
12. FEMA National Preparedness Goal
13. July 20, 2017 Joint City Council and EPAC meeting (audio only)
14. EPAC May 1, 2017 meeting regarding the disbanding of the commission
15. SUPPLEMENTAL eComment from Suz Moore (submitted 1-13-19 at 3pm)pdf.pdf
16. SUPPLEMENTAL email from Al Benson (added 1-14-19 at 4pm)pdf.pdf
17. SUPPLEMENTAL PowerPoint Presentation (added 1-14-19 at 6pm)pdf.pdf
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FROM EPAC
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FROM CITY COUNCIL
Terms and Conditions
© 2021 Granicus