Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
City Council Meeting (Closed Session - 6:00 PM and Regular Meeting - 7:00 PM)
Meeting Time: September 10, 2019 at 5:55pm PDT
Closed for Comment September 10, 2019 at 3:55pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
1. ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: If you wish to provide public comment, please fill out a speaker card to ensure names of speakers are correctly recorded in the minutes and where appropriate, to provide contact information for staff follow-up. This is the time for members of the public to address the City Council on any items within the Council's jurisdiction not on this agenda, on items on this agenda as to which public comment will not be taken (Miscellaneous Items and Reports - City Council and Other Matters), or to request the removal of an item from the consent calendar. Public comments on the agenda items called Miscellaneous Reports and Other Matters will only be heard at this time. Comments on public hearing items are heard only during the public hearing. Members of the audience may also speak:
a) 19-0598 WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
1. Letter from Matt McCool regarding complaint of police misconduct and conspiracy.pdf
2. Email from Tony Higgins regarding request for CEQA initial study for 27th Street.pdf
3. Email from Tony Higgins regarding planning for City growth.pdf
2. CONSENT CALENDAR: The following more routine matters will be acted upon by one vote to approve with the majority consent of the City Council. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member removes an item from the Consent Calendar. Items removed will be considered under Agenda Item 4, with public comment permitted at that time.
a) REPORT 19-0584 CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES (Interim Deputy City Clerk Carol Cowley)
1. 08-27-2019 CC Special Meeting
2. 08-27-2019 CC Regular Meeting
b) REPORT 19-0583 CHECK REGISTERS (Finance Director Viki Copeland)
c) REPORT 19-0594 ACTION MINUTES OF THE PARKS, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES ADVISORY COMMISSION MEETING OF AUGUST 6, 2019
PR Minutes 08.06.2019.pdf
d) REPORT 19-0582 EXTENSION OF AGREEMENT WITH THE HERMOSA BEACH YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE TO PROVIDE A COED YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE FOR THE UPCOMING 2019/2020 REGULAR AND OPTIONAL SUMMER SEASON (Community Resources Manager Kelly Orta)
1. Agreement with HBYBL and First Amendment
2. Second Amendment to Agreement with HBYBL
e) REPORT 19-0602 REQUEST TO CONSENT TO PARTIAL ASSIGNMENT OF FIBER OPTIC CABLE EASEMENT RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS BETWEEN RTI INFRASTRUCTURE, INC. AND PACIFIC CARRIAGE LIMITED INC. (City Attorney Mike Jenkins)
1. August 17, 2016 Fiber Optic Cable Easement and Associated Construction Easement
2. March 8, 2019 Letter from RTI-I
3. Assignment of Easement Rights and Obligations between RTI-I and Pacific Carriage Limited.
f) REPORT 19-0565 REJECT ALL BIDS AND AUTHORIZE TO RE-ADVERTISE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION OF BUS STOP FURNITURE (Acting Public Work Director Lucho Rodriguez)
1. Bid Summary Sheet
2. Map of Location for New Bus Shelters.pdf
g) REPORT 19-0600 RECOMMENDATION TO REJECT CLAIMS (Human Resources Manager Vanessa Godinez)
1. Haueter, Christopher_Allstate Insurance Company_claim
2. Stafford, Barbara_claim
3. CONSENT ORDINANCES
a) REPORT 19-0592 ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 19-1394 AMENDING TITLE 10 (VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC) OF THE HERMOSA BEACH MUNICIPAL CODE TO EXTEND THE TEMPORARY PROHIBITION ON SHARED MOBILITY DEVICES FROM BEING: OFFERED FOR USE ANYWHERE IN THE CIY; PLACED IN ANY PUBLIC RIGHT-OF-WAY OR PUBLIC PROPERTY; OR OPERATED ON ANY PUBLIC PROPERTY OR RIGHT-OF-WAY IN THE CITY (City Clerk Elaine Doerfling)
4. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR FOR SEPARATE DISCUSSION * Public comments on items removed from the Consent Calendar.
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS - TO COMMENCE AT 7:30 P.M.
a) REPORT 19-0579 CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS TO ALLOW A TENANT IMPROVEMENT WITHIN SUITE 101 ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF THE BIJOU BUILDING LOCATED AT 1221 HERMOSA AVENUE AND DETERMINE THE REQUEST IS EXEMPT FROM THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT (CEQA) PURSUANT TO CEQA GUIDELINE SECTION 15331 (HISTORICAL RESOURCE RESTORATION/REHABILITATION) (Community Development Director Ken Robertson)
Terms and Conditions
© 2023 Granicus