Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
City Council Virtual Meeting Closed Session - 5:00 P.M. Regular Meeting - 6:00 P.M. Duly Posted Online August 21, 2020 at 11:50 a.m. By E.S.
Meeting Time: August 25, 2020 at 5:00pm PDT
Closed for Comment August 25, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
IX. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION -- ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC: If you wish to provide public comment, please fill out a speaker card to ensure names of speakers are correctly recorded in the minutes and where appropriate, to provide contact information for staff follow-up. This is the time for members of the public to address the City Council on any items within the Council's jurisdiction not on this agenda, on items on this agenda as to which public comment will not be taken (Miscellaneous Items and Reports - City Council and Other Matters), or to request the removal of an item from the consent calendar. Public comments on the agenda items called Miscellaneous Reports and Other Matters will only be heard at this time. Comments on public hearing items are heard only during the public hearing. Members of the audience may also speak:
1) during discussion of items removed from the Consent Calendar; 2) during Public Hearings; and, 3) during discussion of items appearing under Municipal Matters. Comments from the public are limited to three minutes per speaker. The City Council acknowledges receipt of the written communications listed below. No action will be taken on matters raised in written communications. The Council may take action to schedule issues raised in oral and written communications for a future agenda. Citizens with comments regarding City management or departmental operations are requested to submit those comments to the City Manager.
All comments from the public are limited to three minutes per speaker, but this time allotment may be reduced due to time constraints. The City Council acknowledges receipt of the written communications listed below. No action will be taken on matters raised in written communications, provided that the Council may take action to schedule issues raised in oral and written communications for a future agenda. Citizens with comments regarding City management or departmental operations are requested to submit those comments to the City Manager.
X. CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS: Councilmembers may briefly respond to public comments, may ask a question for clarification or make a brief announcement or report on his or her own activities or meetings attended.
a) 20-0560 UPDATES FROM CITY COUNCIL AD HOC SUBCOMMITTEES AND STANDING COMMITTEE DELEGATES/ALTERNATES
XI. CONSENT CALENDAR: The following more routine matters will be acted upon by one vote to approve with the majority consent of the City Council. The title is deemed to be read and further reading waived of any ordinance listed on the consent calendar for introduction or adoption. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member removes an item from the Consent Calendar. Items removed will be considered under Agenda Item XII (12), with public comment permitted at that time.
a) REPORT 20-0541 CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
1. 4-22-20 CC Study Session on Capital Improvement Projects
2. 6-3-20 CC Study Session on Fiscal Year Buget 2020-21
3. 8-11-20 CC Regular Meeting Minutes
4. SUPPLEMENTAL Ecomment from Kent Allan (submitted 8-23-20 at 8.47 a.m.)
b) REPORT 20-0534 CREATION OF A FEMA/Cal OES FUND AND A CARES ACT FUND TO ACCOUNT FOR REIMBURSEMENTS, REVENUE AND EXPENDITURES RELATED TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC (Finance Director Viki Copeland)
c) REPORT 20-0535 APPROVAL OF REVISED DEBT MANAGEMENT POLICY (Finance Director Viki Copeland)
1. Resolution Approving Debt Policy
2. SB 1029
3. Revised Hermosa Beach Debt Policy
4. Existing Debt Policy
5. SUPPLEMENTAL Ecomment from David Grethen (Submitted 8-25-20 at 12.24 p.m.)
d) REPORT 20-0547 CHECK REGISTERS (Finance Director Viki Copeland)
e) REPORT 20-0559 MEMORANDUM REGARDING REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORTS, CIP REPORT BY PROJECT, CITY TREASURER'S REPORT AND CASH BALANCE REPORT FOR JULY 2020 (Finance Director Viki Copeland)
f) REPORT 20-0536 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM STATUS REPORT AS OF AUGUST 13, 2020 (Public Works Director Marnell Gibson)
CIP Status Sheet - August 13 - 2020
g) REPORT 20-0550 AGREEMENT FOR EMERGENCY POLICE DISPATCH SERVICES (Police Chief Paul LeBaron)
1. Agreement for Emergency Police Dispatch Services 2018-2028
3. SBRPCA Staff Report F-2, Shared Police Dispatch for Manhattan and Hermosa Beach
2. Agreement for Emergency Police Dispatch Services 2020-2030
h) REPORT 20-0562 ACTION SHEET OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING OF AUGUST 18, 2020
1. Action Sheet of the August 18, 2020 Planning Commission meeting
2. SUPPLEMENTAL Ecomment from Jack William (Submitted 8-23-20 at 3.04 a.m.)
i) REPORT 20-0563 PLANNING COMMISSION TENTATIVE FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (Community Development Director Ken Robertson)
Planning Commission September 15, 2020 Tentative Future Agenda
Terms and Conditions
© 2023 Granicus